FOP Drug Development Forums
In support of our vision for safe and transformative therapies for people with FOP, the International FOP Association (IFOPA) is hosting the 4th Drug Development Forum (DDF) on November 13 and 14, 2019 at the Wyndham Grand Orlando Bonnet Creek, Orlando, Florida, USA.
The DDF brings leading FOP researchers from academic institutions and pharmaceuticals companies from around the world together to:
- Advance research collaboration through the sharing of relevant and timely FOP data
- Solve key issues facing FOP drug development
- Strengthen the FOP research network and stimulate new ideas to help advance therapeutic drug development
With three active FOP clinical trials, several trials in the planning phases, and an abundance of ongoing preclinical and basic research, this year’s DDF is not to be missed. The DDF agenda is designed to maximize the dialogue and information exchange among researchers and foster an environment of collaboration among participants.
This year’s Forum will follow the same format as prior DDFs, with short “FOP Talks,” grouped together in sessions that flow chronologically backward through the drug development pathway. Sessions will look at learnings from clinical trials, natural history and observational research, and from animal and cellular models. Speakers will include researchers from academic institutions and pharmaceutical companies working in FOP. There are two exciting additions to this year’s agenda:
- Opening keynote from Emil Kakkis, Chief Executive Officer and President at Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical
- FOP Talks from Emerging Investigators
As always, the agenda will include time for group discussion, as well as for a patient and industry panel. We will leave ample time for informal discussion and connection over coffee breaks and meals. If you are interested in attending, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOP Italia and the International FOP Association hosted the third Drug Development Forum in Alghero, Sardinia, Italy, October 13 and 14, 2017. More than 170 researchers, clinicians, biotech and pharmaceutical company representatives, advocates and patients came together to share key learnings and connect. The 2017 event brought many new researchers and clinicians, including scientists and physicians from China, India, Russia and South Korea. Over 30 FOP “talks” were given during the two-day meeting and focused on wide-ranging topics from basic FOP biology to new therapeutic approaches to updates. Learn more about the FOP Talks given by experts from around the world.
- News: IFOPA Hosts Drug Development Forum
- News: IFOPA Welcomes DDF Attendees
- News: FOP Drug Development Forum Returns in 2016
- Agenda for 2016 Drug Development Forum
- Outcomes for 2016 Drug Development Forum
- Attendee List for 2016 Drug Development Forum
- 2016 Drug Development Forum Infographic
- Photos from 2016 Drug Development Forum
Questions about upcoming events for researchers? Contact us or call + 1 407-365-4194.
- Funding Opportunities
- FOP Biobank
- FOP Mouse Model
- Preclinical Drug Testing Program
- Scientific Meetings
- FOP Research Strategy
- FOP Publications
- Research Centers
- Healthcare Providers