The IFOPA is hosting a special program being offered on November 16 before the start of the 2023 FOP Family Gathering in Dallas, Texas. The first-ever FOP siblings workshop will be led by Alicia Maples, sibling to one living and one deceased brother with special needs, speaker and presenter of the TEDx talk “Recognizing Glass Children.” Alicia is passionate about the power of relating and connecting fellow siblings through her story and the conversation that ensues.
This workshop will only be offered in person for English-speaking siblings who are over the age of 18.
- 10:00 to 11:00 am: Creating a Sibilng Community
- 11:00 to 11:45 am: Exploring the Sibling Impact
- 11:45 am to 12:45 pm: Lunch
- 12:45 to 2:30 pm: Talk it Out
- 2:30 to 4:00 pm: Resources for the Future and Tools for Tough Conversations
Workshop attendees who are interested in staying and participating in the 2023 FOP Family Gathering have two options for you to choose from:
- Stay Thursday evening for the opening night dinner which will feature an update on IFOPA programs and services and FOP research, as well as allow you to meet other FOP families.
- Stay for the duration of the Family Gathering which will offer two days of programming on Friday and Saturday. There will be opportunities to attend presentations on the latest research and support resources for families and time for interactive small-group discussions and workshops with other families.
Interested attendees are encouraged to contact Family Services Manager, Hope Newport to learn more!