You can help to cure FOP.
As the FOP community and the world adjust to the unexpected changes COVID-19 has brought, it has been necessary for the IFOPA to cancel or postpone a few fundraising events in order to ensure the safety of our family, friends and communities. The COVID-19 crisis underscores the need for the IFOPA's education and support programs for families and the need to press forward with research to develop treatments and a cure for FOP. Fundraising, even during these challenging times, must continue. Here are some ways you can fundraise to help #cureFOP even during social distancing:
Host a Facebook fundraiser. Facebook fundraisers are a quick, easy and effective way to fundraise to help #cureFOP. If you need help setting up a fundraiser on Facebook, visit facebook.com/fundraisers or contact Cathryn Roys, Fundraising and Special Projects Manager.
Share your personal fundraising page or share ifopa.org/donate with family and friends, tell them about your journey with FOP and ask for their support. Check out the IFOPA’s new personal fundraising pages. If you don’t have a personal fundraising page, contact Cathryn.
Host a T-shirt fundraiser. There are several great t-shirt companies that ship directly to your supporters and you can share the campaign online through your social media. Contact Cathryn to use one of the IFOPA logos or to have a custom logo created for your campaign.
Host a virtual event!
New event – You can host a fun and creative, but socially distanced, event that’s engaging for your friends and family while raising money to help #cureFOP! A few examples are:
- Online auction
- Online gala/cocktail party/wine tasting/karaoke night
- Online video game tournament
- Golf tournament (each player with their own golf cart)
- Virtual 5K/bike ride
- Online trivia night
- Existing event – If you can’t host your planned event in-person, you can move it to a virtual platform. If it doesn’t make sense to host your event online, you can still get the message to your supporters that our mission remains as critical as ever and ask for donations.
- New event – You can host a fun and creative, but socially distanced, event that’s engaging for your friends and family while raising money to help #cureFOP! A few examples are:
Contact Cathryn for help in planning your virtual event.