Small group discussions, also commonly referred to as breakout sessions, are a highlight of the annual FOP Family Gathering. These times provide an opportunity for members of the FOP community to come together to share their experiences, ask questions and experience the connectivity that makes the FOP community so strong. The following small group discussions will take place using Zoom video and audio conferencing. To participate in the sessions you do not have to have access to a camera on your smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop, but you do need a microphone in order to participate in the conversation.
You have automatically been registered for one of the following breakout sessions based on the information you provided in your registration form. You should have received an email within 4 days after you registered for the Family Gathering confirming which sessions you are signed up for. If you would like to make any changes to the breakout session you have been registered for after receiving your confirmation email, please contact Hope Newport, Family Services Manager, at email@example.com or +1 (785) 294-1607.
Friday, November 20, 3:30 to 5 pm (EST)/20:30 to 22:00 (GMT)
The following breakout sessions are intended for English speaking participants living in the North America or South America. All sessions will be moderated by members of the FOP community. These sessions are CLOSED TO BIOTECH, PHARMA and OTHER CORPORATE ENTITIES.
- Mothers of Individuals with FOP
- Fathers of Individuals with FOP
- Adult Men with FOP (ages 18 and over)
- Adult Women with FOP (ages 18 and over)
- Spouses and Significant other of Individuals with FOP
- Siblings of Individuals with FOP
- Grandparents, Extended Family and Support Network of Individuals with FOP
- Bereaved Family Members of Individuals with FOP
The following breakout sessions are intended for non-English speaking participants living in North America or South America. Both sessions will be moderated by members of the FOP community. These sessions are CLOSED TO BIOTECH, PHARMA and OTHER CORPORATE ENTITIES.
- Spanish Speaking attendees
- Portuguese Speaking attendees
Saturday, November 21, 4 to 5:30 am (EST)/9:00 to 10:30 (GMT)
The following breakout sessions are intended for participants living in Europe, Africa, Asia or Australia. All sessions will be moderated by members of the FOP community. These sessions are CLOSED TO BIOTECH, PHARMA and OTHER CORPORATE ENTITIES.
- Dutch speaking attendees
- English speaking attendees
- French speaking attendees
- German speaking attendees
- Italian speaking attendees
- Mandarin speaking attendees
- Polish speaking attendees
- Russian speaking attendees
- Swedish speaking attendees
Saturday, November 21, 2:30 to 4 pm (EST)/19:30 to 21:00 (GMT)
The following breakout sessions are open to all Family Gathering participants. All English-speaking conversation will be available for simultaneous audio and written translation in the following languages: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Dutch, English, French, Germany, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Tamil and Vietnamese. Participants who do not speak English and would like to contribute to the conversation will be able to share their input with the assistance of the session moderator.
- Adaptive Tool Use and Home Adaption Problem Solving
- Implementing Self-care and Protecting Your Emotional Health
- Virtual Fundraising for the IFOPA
- FOP Management and Resources for Children
- FOP Management and Resources for Adults in their 20s
- FOP Management and Resources for Adults over the age of 30