The FOP Family Fun Zone provides an opportunity for all attendees under the age of 18 to connect and have fun during the 2020 FOP Family Gathering.
You can participate in the Fun Zone in a variety of ways:
1. Sign up for one or both of our virtual Fun Zone Kid Contests
Registering ahead of time will help us in planning to ensure that all participants can join in the conversation. Kid Contest will take place outside of the virtual event platform using Zoom video conferencing. *Video chat provides two-way video communication.
Garbage Man Challenge
Saturday, November 21, 2 to 2:30 pm (EST)/19:00 to 19:30 (GMT)
Don’t most children dream of being a garbage man at some point? Let them live out their fantasies with this Garbage Man Challenge! Kids will race each other to pick up and place “trash” in trash cans, but there’s a catch…they can’t use their hands! Kids will use a tool from around the house, such as kitchen tongs or a reaching stick (if they have one) to pick up small items and place them in trash bins or containers. The first child to clean up all of their trash wins, but if they actually have fun cleaning up then we all win!
Cotton Ball Soccer for Pulmonary Health
Sunday, November 22, 11:45 am to 12:15 pm (EST)/16:45 to 17:15 (GTM)
Who would have thought a cotton ball could help improve lung capacity and strengthen pulmonary health? In this challenge, kids will see if they can blow soccer balls (cotton balls) with a straw into a “goal” from different distances using only one breath. Each attempt at the goal will start from a further distance away until we have a winner! Kids will have fun with this silly soccer challenge and not even realize they are performing deep breathing exercises!
2. Visit the Fun Zone booth in the Exhibit Hall where you can:
- enjoy one of our story times
- chat with other Fun Zone participants
- explore the video library
- sign up for virtual board games
- and check out more fun activities that you can do at home!
3. Play a virtual board game with another Fun Zone Participant (all virtual board games will have a private game room that participants will only gain access to by signing up through the Fun Zone booth):
Don't forget to check out our other social events for participants of all ages! Sign up for Bingo and the Share Your Strength Talent Show here.