About the Family Gathering
The 2022 Virtual FOP Family Gathering will take place the weekend of October 8-9. We look forward to hosting two full days of learning, connection and growth for FOP community members from around the world. The Family Gathering brings together adult individuals with FOP, their families and support networks, local health care providers, global FOP medical experts and pharmaceutical partners to create this truly unique event.
Highlights from the two-day conference include:
- The latest updates from pharmaceutical companies and researchers working on treatments for FOP
- Valuable updates from FOP medical and dental experts
- The incredible perspective of FOP community members who share their experiences and skills in navigating life with FOP through panels and small group discussions
- Opportunities for moms, dads, spouses, adult men living with FOP and adult women living with FOP to connect privately in our "persona" small group discussions
- Self-care and social events to balance your day
- Access to numerous resources and support shared by our sponsors and exhibitors
- Make sure to check out our preliminary agenda below for more opportunities to connect with community members in the week leading up to the event!
Making our event inclusive for non-English speaking attendees is central to our mission. We ask that all attendees who will require translation support during the 2022 FOP Family Gathering complete this survey to help ensure we allocate our budget to provide the best translation support for those who plan to join this year's event.
If you're excited about the opportunity to hang out with members of the FOP family in the week leading up to the Family Gathering, we'd love to work with you. Whether you just want to be a part of our welcoming committee for first-time attendees or have the passion to plan an activity for a group of people to enjoy, we're here to work with you and make this once-a-year global gathering the best it can be. Reach out to Family Services Manager, Hope Newport at [email protected] or by phone at +1 785 294 1607.