International FOP Awareness Day is Monday, April 23
The International FOP Association (IFOPA) was founded in 1988 by Jeannie Peeper to connect people living with FOP, but dedicated volunteers quickly began raising money for research.
One of the most important findings of the research work you have helped fund was discovery of ACVR1, the FOP gene. The gene discovery was announced on April 23, 2006; now known as International FOP Awareness Day.
- See photos from the FOP gene discovery press conference.
- Learn more about the FOP gene discovery.
- Meet the researcher who discovered the FOP gene.
There are lots of ways to celebrate International FOP Awareness Day as we celebrate this milestone and come together to #cureFOP.
Make a Gift
Donate and be a part of raising $60,000 during the month of April for FOP Awareness Day. Two generous donors will match the first $30,000 we raise in April, but we must raise this amount to be eligible for the match. Help the FOP community meet that challenge.
Spread the Word
Raise FOP Awareness on Social Media
- Share these FOP facts.
- Update your Facebook profile photo with the #cureFOP tag.
- Post a picture in your FOP gear on Monday, April 23. Didn't order a T-Shirt in time? See other FOP gear from our online store.
- Share your FOP story using this form. It may be used on the IFOPA's website, in newsletters or on social media. Read the inspiring stories of others in the community.
Host an Awareness Event or Fundraiser
Host an FOP awareness event in your home, place of employment, school or in your community. Contact Sara Brown, Community Fundraising Manager, at email@example.com for awareness materials. Learn more about how to start your own fundraiser.
Receive a #cureFOP Car Decal
You and your friends can spread FOP awareness all year long. Anyone who donates $20 or more to International FOP Awareness Day campaigns will receive a #cureFOP car decal. Give now!