International FOP Awareness Day is Tuesday, April 23
April 23, 2006 – FOP Awareness Day – celebrates the day it was announced that the FOP gene, ACVR1, had been discovered.
There are lots of ways to celebrate International FOP Awareness Day as we celebrate this milestone and come together to #cureFOP.
10 Things You Can Do To Raise FOP Awareness
1. Generous donors will match the first $30,000 we raise in April, so make a gift now! And when you donate $20 or more you’ll receive a car decal to help you spread FOP awareness all year long. You can help the FOP community meet this matching gift challenge by inviting your family, friends and social media circle to give!
2. Make sure you’ve liked all of the IFOPA’s social media channels:
3. Frame your Facebook profile pic (get it here).
4. Invite others to learn more about FOP by sharing FOP facts (like the one below). During April we will post various FOP facts which you can share on your social media.
5. Share our FOP awareness video. Be sure to include our FOP community hashtag: #cureFOP
6. Order a stack of our new FOP awareness cards and pass them out to anyone who will stop and talk to you; #cureFOP bracelets and tattoos are also available.
7. Get FOP-branded gear (hats, bags, pins and more) at the FOP Store and wear it throughout the month.
8. Join the #FunFeet4FOP Campaign and ask your boss if you can have a house slipper or fancy shoes day at work.
9. Host an awareness event or fundraiser in your home, workplace, school or in your community. Or start your own Facebook fundraiser. Contact Community Fundraising Manager Cathryn Roys for awareness materials or for help starting your fundraiser.
10. Donate your old car or truck to Cars2CureFOP. April has both FOP Awareness Day and Tax Day (in the U.S.). Be sure to tell your family and friends about this way to give so they can help #cureFOP when they need to get rid of their car.