Research articles can be extremely informative, but also extremely scientific. Please keep in mind that they were designed for an audience of physicians and scientists.
If needed, click on FOP Terms for a glossary of words.
- FOP-Physical Function Questionnaire Poster (PDF)
- Neurological Symptoms in FOP editorial explanation by Drs. Kaplan and Shore about Dr. Kitterman's findings
- Genetic Technology Breakthrough editorial explanation by Dr. Frederick Kaplan and Dr. Eileen Shore (PDF)
- Restoration of Normal BMP Signaling Levels (PDF)
- News and Views Article by Dr. Frederick Kaplan and Dr. Eileen Shore (PDF)
- Viewing FOP Through Rosi-Colored Glasses (an editorial) (PDF)
- The fibrodysplasia ossificans progressive R206H ACVR1 mutation activates BMP-independent chondrogenesis and zebrafish embryo ventralization (PDF)
- Classic and Atypical FOP Phenotypes Caused by Mutations in BMP Type I Receptor ACVR1 (PDF)
- What Should Be Done to Cure Him: Lightning or the Lightning Bug (an editorial) (PDF)
- Clinical Reviews in Bone and Mineral Metabolism (PDF)
- Iatrogenic Harm Caused by Diagnostic Errors in Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva (PDF)
- Classic and atypical fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva (FOP) phenotypes are caused by mutations in the bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) type I receptor ACVR1 (external link)
Due to copyright laws, the articles listed in our online bibliographies are not available online via this website.
Please peruse the listings below for exact titles and publication information.
Bibliographical Listing of Medical Articles